I came across a fascinating blog called The Burning House, which collects submissions from people displaying the crucial items they would take with them if their house was burning. I had a fire alarm wake me up in the middle of then night just a couple weeks ago and luckily had enough time to grab quite a bit of stuff with me. Thankfully, it turned out to be a false alarm. It did lead me to run through a few exercises in my mind to determine what were the most important (and not easily replaceable) items in my life. I think it really depends on how much time I have to gather things. Here's what I came up with:
- 1 TB Portable Hard Drive - This hard drive has all my photos and personal documents. It would be the most devastating to lose. I need to do a better job making redundant backups (both physical & cloud).
- Grey (not pictured) - My French Bulldog puppy.
- Money Clip - I've had this same one since 2001. Holds cash and cards.
- iPhone 5s
- Nike Free Running Shoes - Ran my first 1/2 Marathon in these.
- Fuji X-E2 Camera
- MacBook Air 11"
- Box of Memories
- Collector's Edition R2-D2 Watch
What would be in your Burning House list?